Asbury is providing distance video and telephone meeting capabilities through a church Zoom Account. This is one of the ways we seek to continue to help our church engage in relationships while still following social distancing advice during the COVID-19 virus.
These meetings can be set up as regularly occurring or one-time events.
E-mail Jen Swindell email@example.com to get set up!
Directions for joining a scheduled Zoom Meeting:
- Before the scheduled time: download the Zoom App (on Desktop, Mobile, or Tablets) so that you have the software .
- Recommended: Try out a “Test” meeting at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-test-meeting
- Plan to be in a quiet place, not moving, and with headphones, if possible, to give the highest quality sound.
- When the meeting is scheduled, follow the link provided by Asbury in the e-mail – this should automatically open up the already installed Zoom App. There will be a Meeting number and a password to input to be sure you’re matched with the correct meeting.
- If you’re too early, there’s a chance no one else is on the call yet- be patient, or contact your Group/Meeting Leader or Jen for help.