“Burn the Ships”Joshua 24:22-28, Hebrews 12:1-2, Ephesians 4:1Rev. Andy MannesWhat do you want to do with your life? It’s a question that we are asked from the time we are kids. It might be easy to think of this in terms of a job, or a family. But what about living a life with meaning? Many people would say they want to live a life of significance, but we’re not sure how to do that. How do you know what God is calling you to do with your life? Where do you start? How do you stay on track? And if you lose your way, how can you find it again? Let’s be reminded that calling isn’t as much about “what” as it is “who.” In order to discover God’s true calling on our lives, we need to focus less on what we’re doing and more on what we’re becoming: fully devoted followers of Christ.
Updated Back to Campus Schedule
Indoor worship at 9:30am is scheduled to begin on Sunday, September 13th. Links to reserve seats for that service will be in our eBulletin for August 30th. We will continue to have our indoor worship option at 11am each week.
Reserve seats for worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com
If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail email@example.com.
We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week. For further details and timelines, check online at:http://asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus
Meet and Greets with Pastor Jonathan have added Zoom Options!
Spend about 90 minutes to get to know Pastor Jonathan and help him get to know you!
Sign up for your slots at www.asburyraleigh.org/greet on Sign Up Genius. Each household needs ONE slot – as they get one table or login to Zoom. If you have problems with the sign up – call the church office or e-mail Pastor Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thoughts from the Heart with Pastor Jonathan
Join in a time with Pastor Jonathan as he shares his insights, hopes, and dreams.
Aug 25, 2020 06:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting at www.asburyraleigh.org/thoughts
If you can press a button, you can serve with the LiveStream Team! Throughout COVID, we have had dedicated people serving to help the LiveStream happen. We are in need of at least 3 more volunteers to help continue this important ministry in the months ahead. Those helping are never on their own – a Tech Team member or staff person is always in the room with you to help. Open to anyone age 13 and up – Technology is a great skill and resume builder for youth or college. Interested in learning more? Contact Steve Barnett, our Production Coordinator, at email@example.com
Join Us For Outdoor Worship
- We will NOT have outdoor worship on Labor day weekend
- Check our Facebook, Instagram, and Main Website (there will be a bright bar at the top) in the case of weather-related cancellations
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to get settled in
- Bring Lawn Chairs if you have them to help space out for social distancing
- Masks are not required for worship when social distanced, but if you plan to chat before or after we recommend a mask for that time.
- The amphitheater is on the east side of campus near the garden and the Hidden Valley Neighborhood entrance – signs will be posted to help you find it.
- An offering drop box will be available – but you can always give online at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Please know that staff will need to leave this worship quickly in order to get changed and in place for our 9:30am LiveStream.
- New: We will have a QR Code for you to scan on the camera on your phone for Lyrics access (or type in www.asburyraleigh.org/830)
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- Tuesday, August 18 – Leadership Board Meeting – 6:30pm
- Sunday, August 23 – Foundations: Go Make Disciples
- Sunday, August 23 – Meet and Greet with Jonathan on Zoom at 3pm (space available)
- Tuesday, August 25 – Thoughts from the Heart with Pastor Jonathan – Zoom at 6:30pm
- Wednesday, August 26 – Meet and Greet with Jonathan on Zoom at 8pm (space available)
- Sunday, August 30 – Worship at 8:30 in the Amphitheatre, 9:30 on LiveStream, and 11am indoors
- Sunday, August 30 – Meet and Greet with Jonathan on Zoom at 4pm (space available)
- Sunday, September 6 – No 8:30 Outdoor for Labor Day Weekend – 9:30 LiveStream and 11am indoor worship
- Sunday, September 13 – Outdoor Worship at 8:30am, Indoor and LiveStream at 9:30am, and 11am indoor worship