“Remember the Sabbath”
Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
The Bible says for us to Remember the Sabbath. What comes to mind when you think about taking a Sabbath rest? Do you have a Sabbath practice you currently observe? Are you worn down by this season? How often do you really, truly, take time to rest? As we prepare to celebrate Labor Day, let’s consider the importance of Sabbath and how it can impact our walks of life and faith.
New This Week:
- View the recording of this week’s “Thoughts from the Heart with Pastor Jonathan” on YouTube
- Traditional Worship Service recording now available on YouTube on Sunday afternoons
- Campus Cleanup Days Labor Day Weekend – Friday or Saturday
- Student Ministry Parent Meeting on Sunday 9/13 at 5pm (Grades 6-12)
- Pastor Jonathan to start Zoom Bible Study 9/16
At A Glance:
- Sunday, 8/30 – Outdoor Worship at 8:30, 9:30 on LiveStream, and 11am indoors
- Friday and Saturday 9/4 & 9/5- Campus Cleanup Days
- Sunday, 9/6 – No 8:30 Outdoor for Labor Day Weekend– 9:30 LiveStream and 11am indoor worship
- Sunday 9/6 – First Sunday Night Prayer at 5:30pm
- Saturday, 9/12 – Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event
- Sunday, 9/13 – Outdoor Worship at 8:30am, Indoor and LiveStream at 9:30am, and 11am indoor worship
- Sunday, 9/13 – Student Ministry Parent Meeting on Zoom
- Wednesday, 9/16 – Pastor Jonathan’s Bible Study “The Story” begins on Zoom
- Sunday, 9/20 – Grow Sermon Series Begins
- Sunday, 9/20 – LifeGroup Leader Gathering
- Sunday, 9/20 – Student Ministry resumes with schedule shift and safety precautions
- Sunday 9/20-Sunday 9/27 – Family Promise Week
Follow our YouTube Channel
Missed last week’s “Thoughts from the Heart”?? Want to keep up to date with new videos we feature in worship? Looking for the Traditional Worship Service? Asbury Church’s YouTube Channel has all of that! “Subscribe” to get notified when we post new videos. www.youtube.com/asburyraleigh
Campus Cleanup Days – September 4th and 5th!
Our main focus is on the flowerbeds and greenery overgrowth in the parking lot, with a few other projects as well. Bring your hats, gloves, and families to adopt an area for an hour or the whole shift!Come anytime from 9:00am-1:00pm. You and your family will only work in your designated area so you may remain socially distanced and work at your own pace. We’ll have water bottles on hand to quench your thirst. Sign up for your day and project by clicking here.
We’re Cleared To Package – But Things Will Look Different!
The Rise Against Hunger Event this year will be on a Saturday, with groups of 50 working 90 minute shifts (you can sign up for multiple shifts). The need for these meals is growing because of being unable to package and we’re excited to be a host to help end hunger around the world. For all the safety protocols and to sign up, visit asburyraleigh.org/rise
Do you want to grow in your knowledge of the biblical story?
Have you ever questioned how the Old Testament and New Testament fit together?
Have you examined how the Bible impacts your daily life and your future?
The Story Bible study is a condensed chronological account of the Bible telling the story of creation, what went wrong, and how all will be made right again. The Story helps us know who God is, who we are, and the meaning and purpose of life.
Join Pastor Jonathan for this Zoom Bible Study on Wednesday nights beginning September 16 at 7p.m. We will examine the Biblical story of the Old Testament in the Fall and continue with the New Testament in the Spring. Each session we will watch a short video teaching, participate in small group discussion, and Pastor Jonathan will lead us in a discussion of the main points and what they mean for our lives today. Come and see the importance of God’s story for your life!
Sign Up to get information on the Zoom Link and Books on Sign Up Genius https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040a4daca82da1fd0-thestory – Feel free to invite friends and neighbors to join us!
9:30 Indoor Worship Begins Sept. 13
Registration is now open for that Sunday! We will continue to have our indoor worship option at 11am each week. Future Sundays are released weekly.Reserve seats for worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week.
2020 has been a year we never imagined, and connection is even more important than ever! Join Pastor Jen and Pastor Jonathan for about 90 minutes as we pray, share, and explore possibilities for LifeGroups this year. This is open to all current and perspective LifeGroup Leaders (we also invite 2-6 leaders per group to attend, if possible). For more details, check the event on our website.
Student Ministry Parent Meeting 9/13
A new year of 412 (middle school) and DASH (high school) on Sunday nights is upon us, and we are excited to think about all the possibilities. Join us for a ZOOM parent meeting on Sunday, September 13th, at 5pm.
Zoom Info: Call in on phone: 929-205-6099 Meeting ID: 876 5078 3559 Passcode: 412 OR click to join the meeting: www.asburyraleigh.org/parents
We want to cover our regathering plan, what your student will experience in person or online, and so much more. Please email Andy at email@example.com if you have any questions or are not getting the Student Ministry emails.
Join Us For Outdoor Worship – Please Note: We will NOT have outdoor worship on Labor day weekend
Join in for some corporate prayer time facilitated by Katie Rawson and Sharon Moore as we pray together for Asbury Church and the activities that are starting back this month.This is currently hosted on Zoom and Click to Join in on the Zoom at 5:30pm on First Sundays
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.