Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
Loving Others is an important part of God’s Kingdom – we are called to respond to God’s love by loving others. God’s love has the power to transform, heal, and make a difference in a world that needs and searches for meaning and purpose. Sharing God’s love is not only what Jesus calls us to do, it is one of the Foundations of our faith.Solid faith foundations provide us with strength and stability as we navigate the challenges and successes in our journey of life and faith, support us against the ways of the world, and help us as we answer God’s call to build up the church and God’s Kingdom.
Join Us For Outdoor Worship This Sunday!
- Check our Facebook, Instagram, and Main Website (there will be a bright bar at the top) in the case of weather-related cancellations
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to get settled in
- Bring Lawn Chairs if you have them to help space out for social distancing
- Masks are not required for worship when social distanced, but if you plan to chat before or after we recommend a mask for that time.
- The amphitheatre is on the east side of campus near the garden and the Valley Estates entrance – signs will be posted to help you find it.
- An offering drop box will be available – but you can always give online at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Please know that staff will need to leave this worship quickly in order to get changed and in place for our 9:30am LiveStream.
Spend about 90 minutes to get to know Pastor Jonathan and help him get to know you!Meetings will be in 307/308 in the North Building. Each household will sit at one table, and tables will be at least 6 feet apart from one another.Zoom options will be available later on for those unable or uncomfortable with meeting indoors.Sign up for your slots at www.asburyraleigh.org/greet on Sign Up Genius. Each household needs ONE slot – as they get one table – and we will set up the number of chairs you say to in the comments. If you have problems with the sign up – call the church office or e-mail Pastor Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Back-To-Campus: A Prayerful Plan
Please know we are watching numbers and guidance carefully as we move forward in our plans. Timelines and offerings are subject to change. We hope to have registration for August 2nd’s indoor worship up by next Sunday. We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week. Our first step is to begin to offer an 8:30am Outdoor Service in the Amphitheatre on Sundays starting this Sunday For further details and timelines, check online at:http://asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting with your LifeGroup or a group of friends! Pastor Jen is here to assist with any of the communications needs, questions, or troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com to get scheduled or get help!
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- Wednesday Morning Virtual Fellowship Hour – Wednesdays at 9am
- Wednesday at 7pm – Worship Wednesdays on Facebook Live and in the Amphitheatre (Check our Facebook Group for updates)
- Sunday July 12 – First Outdoor Worship Service in the Amphitheatre at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 15 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheatre at 7pm
- Sunday July 19 – Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 22 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheatre at 7pm
- Sunday July 26 – First Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Sunday, August 2 – Target Date for Indoor Worship at 9:30 and 11am (and 8:30am Outdoor and 9:30am LiveStream) – Stay tuned at www.asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus for details and seat reservation information beginning July 19