Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the Life – We live in a world of uncertainties. Politics, the Coronavirus, Relationships, Jobs, Finances, etc. Things seem so uncertain as change occurs around us all the time. Some change is for the better and some for the worse. In our uncertain world, there is hope for all who believe – Jesus. Jesus is our hope and this hope is absolute and the foundation of our faith.
Solid faith foundations provide us with strength and stability as we navigate the challenges and successes in our journey of life and faith, support us against the ways of the world, and help us as we answer God’s call to build up the church and God’s Kingdom.
Back-To-Campus Plan Changes to Indoor Worship Schedule
We have made a prayerful shift in the schedule of our indoor worship events in August. With an abundance of caution, and being aware of the shift in numbers in our area, Asbury will begin on August 2nd with ONE indoor worship opportunity at 11:00am for our Traditional Worship experience. We have chosen this service to allow a worship style that was under-represented during our time apart to resume as soon as possible and starting with one service in our smaller worship space will allow us to test our procedures for indoor ticketing, check in, and seating before adding additional people. We also are in need of additional volunteers to make all three services possible. Please see “First Impressions” announcement below to help.
On August 2, our 8:30am Outdoor and our 9:30am LiveStream will continue as they have been in weeks past. Both on-campus services will have communion served in individual, sealed containers (all pre-sealed containers will contain wheat, but we will have some gluten-free available which are packaged by Asbury volunteers). These will be picked up as you arrive in worship and trashcans will be available as you exit. Reservations for August 2nd at 11am are available now via Eventbrite. If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week. For further details and timelines, check online at: http://asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus
First Impressions Training for On-Campus Worship: Ushers, Greeters, and Welcome Team
As we come back to campus, many things will be different. There will be a training for all of our “First Impressions” Sunday morning volunteers: Ushers, Greeters,and Welcome Team will all be united together as we come back to campus. We ask that all current volunteers and anyone willing to lend a much-needed hand attend one of two training sessions in the North Worship Center at 6:30pm on July 21st or 27th.
Questions? Willing to lend a hand? Contact our head usher, Kevin Sommers, at Somm4661@bellsouth.net
If you can press a button, you can serve with the LiveStream Team! Throughout COVID, we have had dedicated people serving to help the LiveStream happen. We are in need of at least 3 more volunteers to help continue this important ministry in the months ahead. Those helping are never on their own – a Tech Team member or staff person is always in the room with you to help. Open to anyone age 13 and up – Technology is a great skill and resume builder for youth or college. Interested in learning more? Contact Steve Barnett, our Production Coordinator, at email@example.com
Join Us For Outdoor Worship This Sunday!
- Check our Facebook, Instagram, and Main Website (there will be a bright bar at the top) in the case of weather-related cancellations
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to get settled in
- Bring Lawn Chairs if you have them to help space out for social distancing
- Masks are not required for worship when social distanced, but if you plan to chat before or after we recommend a mask for that time.
- The amphitheater is on the east side of campus near the garden and the Hidden Valley Neighborhood entrance – signs will be posted to help you find it.
- An offering drop box will be available – but you can always give online at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Please know that staff will need to leave this worship quickly in order to get changed and in place for our 9:30am LiveStream.
- New: We will have a QR Code for you to scan on the camera on your phone for Lyrics access (or type in www.asburyraleigh.org/830)
Spend about 90 minutes to get to know Pastor Jonathan and help him get to know you!Meetings will be in 307/308 in the North Building. Each household will sit at one table, and tables will be at least 6 feet apart from one another.Zoom options will be available later on for those unable or uncomfortable with meeting indoors.Sign up for your slots at www.asburyraleigh.org/greet on Sign Up Genius. Each household needs ONE slot – as they get one table – and we will set up the number of chairs you say to in the comments. If you have problems with the sign up – call the church office or e-mail Pastor Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting with your LifeGroup or a group of friends! Pastor Jen is here to assist with any of the communications needs, questions, or troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com to get scheduled or get help!
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- Wednesday Morning Virtual Fellowship Hour – Wednesdays at 9am
- Wednesday at 7pm – Worship Wednesdays on Facebook Live and in the Amphitheater (Check our Facebook Group for updates)
- Sunday July 19 – Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 22 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheater at 7pm
- Sunday July 26 – Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 30 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheater at 7pm
- Sunday, August 2 – Target Date for Indoor Worship at 11am (and 8:30am Outdoor and 9:30am LiveStream) – Stay tuned at www.asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus for details and seat reservation information