“Even Playing Field”
Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
We are all sinners in need of God’s grace. We need to claim God’s love and let it transform us. We need to accept God’s grace. God’s love and grace becomes our shelter from guilt and pain. Through grace the slate is wiped clean. Acknowledging our sin and believing in God’s plan of salvation through Jesus is one of the important foundations of our faithSolid faith foundations provide us with strength and stability as we navigate the challenges and successes in our journey of life and faith, support us against the ways of the world, and help us as we answer God’s call to build up the church and God’s Kingdom.
Spend about 90 minutes to get to know Pastor Jonathan and help him get to know you!Meetings will be in 307/308 in the North Building. Each household will sit at one table, and tables will be at least 6 feet apart from one another.Zoom options will be available later on for those unable or uncomfortable with meeting indoors.Sign up for your slots at www.asburyraleigh.org/greet on Sign Up Genius. Each household needs ONE slot – as they get one table – and we will set up the number of chairs you say to in the comments. If you have problems with the sign up – call the church office or e-mail Pastor Jen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Back-To-Campus: A Prayerful Plan
Asbury’s Leadership and Staff have been working hard on a plan to return to on campus worship through prayer, research, and listening to congregational survey results. We give thanks for your willingness to give feedback and to serve in new and different hospitality roles as we make steps back towards campus. Staying in line with recommendations from our Governor and our Bishop, our long-term back-to-campus plan has three stages: outdoor worship, indoor worship, and restoring other face-to-face ministries. Throughout all of these stages, our highest priority is to continue to offer our 9:30am LiveStream worship as well as online opportunities to connect on zoom and Facebook, so that ALL may be included even as some choose to come back together. We are prayerfully sharing target dates, but are keenly aware that the world in which we live can shift at any time and are prepared to adjust timelines and precautions as needed. In the spirit of John Wesley and our Methodist “Three Simple Rules,” during this season ,we first seek to “Do No Harm” through taking as many precautions as possible when we do join together to prevent the spread of COVID. We are excited to “Do Good” by providing much needed places for spiritual and relational connections in safe ways, both online and offline. Finally, we know we can all continue to “Stay in love with God” no matter where or how we worship, serve, or engage in relationships where Christ transforms. We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week. Our first step is to begin to offer an 8:30am Outdoor Service in the Amphitheatre on Sundays starting July 12th. For further details and timelines, check online at:http://asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting with your LifeGroup or a group of friends! Pastor Jen is here to assist with any of the communications needs, questions, or troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com to get scheduled or get help!
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- Wednesday Morning Virtual Fellowship Hour – Wednesdays at 9am
- Wednesday at 7pm – Worship Wednesdays on Facebook Live and in the Amphitheatre (Check our Facebook Group for updates)
- Wednesday, July 8 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheatre at 7pm
- Sunday July 12 – First Outdoor Worship Service in the Amphitheatre at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 15 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheatre at 7pm
- Sunday July 19 – Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Wednesday, July 22 – Worship Wednesday in the Amphitheatre at 7pm
- Sunday July 26 – First Outdoor Worship Service at 8:30am and LiveStream at 9:30am
- Sunday, August 2 – Target Date for Indoor Worship at 9:30 and 11am (and 8:30am Outdoor and 9:30am LiveStream) – Stay tuned at www.asburyraleigh.org/backtocampus for details and seat reservation information beginning July 19