Sunday, June 21
Worship on LiveStream at 9:30am
“Down, But Not Out”
Rev. Jenifer Anne Swindell
Join in this week as we dive into the parable of the Fig Tree in the Gospel of Luke – taking a look at what scripture has to say about repentance, bearing fruit, and second chances.
We will have the second of two introduction videos for our new Lead Pastor to help everyone get to know Pastor Jonathan – tune into the livestream at 9:30am to learn more about him! (the whole video will be posted later that day on Facebook and YouTube)
Returning to Campus
We are thankful for 178 of you who participated in the survey to help us as we discern what face-to-face worship together will look like in the coming months. We are all not in the same place during this time (graph: Willingness to return to campus in “Phase 3” – 53.5% Yes, 46.5% Not Yet). Rest assured, nothing will change with our current LiveStream offerings as we add on face-to-face opportunities to fit the needs of all of our congregation. We’re leaning heavily on guidance from our Bishop, and hope to announce a timeline before July. Let Pastor Jen know if you’re willing to help our return happen by serving in hospitality.
New Sermon Series Begins June 28th!
Take a deep dive into the Foundations of Our Faith with our next sermon series this summer! Pastor Jonathan will lead us through the basics of prayer, scripture, the trinity, mission, and loving our neighbor.
Ways to Stay Connected | Join In!
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- Wednesday Morning Virtual Fellowship Hour – Wednesdays at 9am
- Wednesday at 7pm – Worship Wednesdays with Kevin on Facebook Live and in the Amphitheatre (Check our Facebook Group for updates)
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting with your LifeGroup or a group of friends! Almost all of our LifeGroups are meeting regularly on this new platform! Pastor Jen is here to assist with any of the communications needs, questions, or troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com to get scheduled or get help!
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group where you can join for Games like “Guess This Movie Quote,” introductions of fellow members, and daily devotional moments with Pastor Tom on “Do Not Fear”
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give