Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
As we navigate our journey of life and faith one of the ways we “grow” is through the giving of our gifts. The Bible tells us that all things come from God. Jesus spoke about the topic of money and or material things more than any other topic. Join us as we explore how we can grow through the faithful giving of our gifts.
As Christians navigating our journey of life and faith, we do not just want to survive. We want to thrive. We want to experience all the joy, blessings, and opportunities that God has in store for us. This series will look at ways we can thrive in our relationships with God, others, the church, school, work, and home. We will look at ways God calls us to live our lives so we can be all we can be as Jesus’ disciples. Let us strive to not just survive as we navigate our walk of faith, but let us “grow” and thrive.
Click Here To Check Us Out On Facebook and be a part of the conversation!
Watch Live on asburyraleigh.org/live
Highlights This Week:
- Check out all of the GROW details at asburyraleigh.org/grow
- As the tech department is growing we are hoping to add a few more folks to our sound team. We will provide you with training and resources if you are interested, please contact Steve Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heart and Hands for Haiti is looking for donations
At A Glance:
- Sunday 10/4 – Grow: Gifts; Communion at all 3 on campus services
- Sunday,10/4 – First Sunday Prayer on Zoom
- Sunday 10/11 – Grow: Service
- Saturday 10/17 – Deadline for Haiti Donations
- Sunday 10/18 – Grow: Witness and Commitment Sunday; Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Kickoff
- Monday 10/19 – Charge Conference via Zoom
- Saturday 10/24 – Blood Drive at Asbury
- Friday 10/30 – Fall Fellowship Night
How Will You Grow in 2021?
We’re introducing a stewardship season focusing on prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. How will you grow and serve God in 2021?
Worship On Campus or Online
We’re excited to have you on campus! Reserve seats for indoor worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail email@example.com.
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship in the Amphitheatre – we can seat over 100 with social distancing. Abbreviated service with 2 praise songs and a sermon.
- 9:30am Contemporary – indoor and LiveStream – Praise Band with 4-5 songs and Sermon
- 11am Traditional – indoor and posted to YouTube – Piano, Anthems, Hymns, Children’s Time, and Sermon
Box Truck Collection for Haiti
Help us collect much-needed supplies for our friends in Haiti. They are especially in need of black dress shoes of all sizes as well as sheets, towels, and toiletries.
HHH is collecting supplies through October 17. View the full list of needed items.
Welcome our newest member, Ronnie Marshall!
Ronnie Marshall joined Asbury church last Sunday at our 9:30a.m. service. Please welcome Ronnie when you get the opportunity. If you would like to join the Asbury church family or have questions about membership, please contact Pastor Jonathan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to get prayer concerns as they happen throughout the week? Our Prayer Partners Email List is a list of members of the Asbury Community who wish to be sent prayer concerns as they occur throughout the week. This is a separate list that will get emails as needed throughout the week to be in prayer as concerns arise. You can click to join this list on our website.
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.