Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
Another way we grow as believers is through our service to God and one another. Jesus showed us the example of sacrificial love by serving the lost and the least. He calls us to pick up our cross daily and to follow him. Join us as we examine our call to service and what it means for our lives, our church, and our world.
As Christians navigating our journey of life and faith, we do not just want to survive. We want to thrive. We want to experience all the joy, blessings, and opportunities that God has in store for us. This series will look at ways we can thrive in our relationships with God, others, the church, school, work, and home. We will look at ways God calls us to live our lives so we can be all we can be as Jesus’ disciples. Let us strive to not just survive as we navigate our walk of faith, but let us “grow” and thrive.
Click Here To Check Us Out On Facebook and be a part of the conversation!
Watch Live on asburyraleigh.org/live
Highlights This Week:
- Check out all of the GROW details at asburyraleigh.org/grow
- NEW: Kids Ministry Returns with their first phase in November
- NEW: Fall Fellowship Night with Food Truck for a Cause
- Support Asbury through your Amazon Purchases with Amazon Smile
At A Glance:
- Sunday 10/11 – Grow: Service
- Tuesday 10/13 – Leadership Board Meeting via Zoom at 7pm (Date Change)
- Saturday 10/17 – Deadline for Haiti Donations
- Sunday 10/18 – Grow: Witness and Commitment Sunday; Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Kickoff, Sunday Morning Prayer begins.
- Monday 10/19 – Charge Conference via Zoom at 7pm
- Saturday 10/24 – Blood Drive at Asbury – slots are full!
- Sunday 10/25 – New Sermon Series: THINK
- Friday 10/30 – Fall Fellowship Night with a Food Truck for a Cause
- Sunday 11/1 – All Saints Sunday Celebration in Worship
- Sunday 11/15 – Rise Against Hunger (after worship)
How Will You Grow in 2021?
We’re introducing a stewardship season focusing on prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. How will you grow and serve God in 2021?
Worship On Campus or Online
We’re excited to have you on campus! Reserve seats for indoor worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship in the Amphitheatre – we can seat over 100 with social distancing. Abbreviated service with 2 praise songs and a sermon.
- 9:30am Contemporary – indoor and LiveStream – Praise Band with 4-5 songs and Sermon
- 11am Traditional – indoor and posted to YouTube – Piano, Anthems, Hymns, Children’s Time, and Sermon
Kids Ministry for K-5 is BACK in November!
We are excited to announce that we are planning a staggered approach to in person Kid’s ministry at Asbury. Starting on the first Sunday in November, we will have in person services for Elementary aged kids only (K – 5th grade). We be requiring pre-registration through the Eventbrite site, the same as adults do to register for church. There will be temperature checks at the door, face masks required for all and smaller class sizes. We will also have a new check in/out procedure where parents drop off and pick up their kids in the lobby or outside so that we can limit the number of people in the kid min area. We plan to add in preschool next if all goes well with this phase. Big thanks to the leaders willing to be a part of this reopening. If you wish to help with kids ministry or have questions, please email email@example.com
Mark your calendars for our Fall Fellowship Night on October 30th from 5 to 8pm. It is going to be different this year, but lots of fun!
We will have a food truck benefiting a great cause, games for the kids, a scavenger hunt, a viewing of the “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” and much more. We hope that you will come, wear a costume if you want to and be sure to wear our masks for the safety of ourselves and others. Bring a chair and be ready for an evening of socially distant community engagement and fun!
Love BBQ? Us, too! During our fall festival, we will be partnering with Raleigh’s first give back food truck. “And Also With ‘Cue” food truck serves excellent wood-smoked BBQ and sides while providing an opportunity for us to care for our neighbors. 40% of monthly profit goes towards meals to hungry local neighbors in the downtown area. You eat, you give. Everybody eats, everybody wins.
Box Truck Collection for Haiti
Help us collect much-needed supplies for our friends in Haiti. They are especially in need of black dress shoes of all sizes as well as sheets, towels, and toiletries.
HHH is collecting supplies through October 17. View the full list of needed items.
Praying for our church
Ronnie Marshall will be leading a prayer time on Sunday mornings during the 8:30a.m. worship time in Room 307 in the North Building beginning on October 18th. Come join us for this time of prayer for our worship services, our programs, our mission, our congregational needs, and our ministry. Email Ronnie with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to get prayer concerns as they happen throughout the week? Our Prayer Partners Email List is a list of members of the Asbury Community who wish to be sent prayer concerns as they occur throughout the week. This is a separate list that will get emails as needed throughout the week to be in prayer as concerns arise. You can click to join this list on our website.
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.