Sunday, October 18th – Worship on LiveStream at 9:30am
1 Peter 3:8-9; 13-15b
Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
Being a witness is instrumental as we seek to grow as followers of Jesus. As Christians we are called to give an answer for the faith and hope we have in Jesus Christ. Come join us as we explore what it means to be committed Christians in our world and to grow into the disciples God desires us to be.
As Christians navigating our journey of life and faith, we do not just want to survive. We want to thrive. We want to experience all the joy, blessings, and opportunities that God has in store for us. This series will look at ways we can thrive in our relationships with God, others, the church, school, work, and home. We will look at ways God calls us to live our lives so we can be all we can be as Jesus’ disciples. Let us strive to not just survive as we navigate our walk of faith, but let us “grow” and thrive.
Highlights This Week:
- Check out all of the GROW details at asburyraleigh.org/grow and Bring your Commitment Card to Worship This Week!
- Handbell rehearsals start Nov. 8th!
- Charge Conference is Monday Night
- Operation Christmas Child kicks off this week
- Fall Fellowship Night with Food Truck for a Cause
- Support Asbury through your Amazon Purchases with Amazon Smile
At A Glance:
- Sunday 10/18 – Grow: Witness and Commitment Sunday; Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Kickoff, Sunday Morning Prayer begins.
- Monday 10/19 – Charge Conference via Zoom at 7pm
- Saturday 10/24 – Blood Drive at Asbury – slots are full!
- Sunday 10/25 – New Sermon Series: THINK
- Wednesday 10/28 – Deadline for Haiti Donations
- Friday 10/30 – Fall Fellowship Night with a Food Truck for a Cause
- Sunday 11/1 – All Saints Sunday Celebration in Worship
- Sunday 11/8 – Operation Christmas Child Boxes Due, First Handbell Rehearsal
- Sunday 11/15 – Rise Against Hunger (after worship)
Worship On Campus or OnlineWe’re excited to have you on campus! Reserve seats for indoor worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.comAll services are posted through November! If you need help, e-mail email@example.com.
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship in the Amphitheatre – we can seat over 100 with social distancing. Abbreviated service with 2 praise songs and a sermon.
- 9:30am Contemporary – Indoor and LiveStream – Praise Band with 4-5 songs and Sermon – Kids Ministry Starts in November!
- 11am Traditional – Indoor and posted to YouTube – Piano, Anthems, Hymns, Children’s Time, and Sermon
Mark your calendars for our Fall Fellowship Night on October 30th from 5 to 8pm. It is going to be different this year, but lots of fun!
We will have a food truck benefiting a great cause, games for the kids, a scavenger hunt, a viewing of the “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” and much more. We hope that you will come, wear a costume if you want to and be sure to wear our masks for the safety of ourselves and others. Bring a chair and be ready for an evening of socially distant community engagement and fun!
Love BBQ? Us, too! During our fall festival, we will be partnering with Raleigh’s first give back food truck. “And Also With ‘Cue” food truck serves excellent wood-smoked BBQ and sides while providing an opportunity for us to care for our neighbors. 40% of monthly profit goes towards meals to hungry local neighbors in the downtown area. You eat, you give. Everybody eats, everybody wins.
This Sunday, October 18, is Asbury’s Operation Christmas Child kickoff. You will have the opportunity to fill shoe box(es) with necessities and toys to bless children around the world and share the Gospel with them! Check out all the details for pickup or have boxes delivered to your porch.
Do you Love hand bell music for the Advent and Christmas season? Can you Count to 4? Do you have some time on Sundays? Eric would love to have you join us for our hand bells in worship on December 13! We will rehearse for just 4 weeks starting November 8th – the more players the merrier!(We will be spread out and masked for rehearsals and in worship) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!
Praying for our church
Ronnie Marshall will be leading a prayer time on Sunday mornings during the 8:30a.m. worship time in Room 307 in the North Building beginning on October 18th. Come join us for this time of prayer for our worship services, our programs, our mission, our congregational needs, and our ministry. Email Ronnie with questions at email@example.com
Would you like to get prayer concerns as they happen throughout the week? Our Prayer Partners Email List is a list of members of the Asbury Community who wish to be sent prayer concerns as they occur throughout the week. This is a separate list that will get emails as needed throughout the week to be in prayer as concerns arise. You can click to join this list on our website.
We are excited to announce that we are planning a staggered approach to in person Kid’s ministry at Asbury. Starting on the first Sunday in November, we will have in person services for Elementary aged kids only (K – 5th grade). We be requiring pre-registration through the Eventbrite site, the same as adults do to register for church. There will be temperature checks at the door, face masks required for all and smaller class sizes. We will also have a new check in/out procedure where parents drop off and pick up their kids in the lobby or outside so that we can limit the number of people in the kid min area. We plan to add in preschool next if all goes well with this phase. Big thanks to the leaders willing to be a part of this reopening. If you wish to help with kids ministry or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org