“Leaving a Legacy”
Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
In the Christian faith, God’s power is on display in Scripture, our personal lives, the church, and throughout the world. We have examples of recorded stories in scripture, and we have personally experienced God’s power either through the healing or transformation in our own lives or the lives of others. As Christians, we have a responsibility to celebrate and share what God has done, is doing, and what He will do. In doing so, we not only experience a benefit in our walks of faith, but we make a difference in the lives of our future generations. Come worship with us as we reflect on God’s call to this task and the impact it holds for the future.
We are also excited to be blessing our Bibles for our Kindergarteners and 3rd Graders. Are you interested in your child getting a Bible this weekend? Email Crista@asburyraleigh.org!
Highlights This Week:
- Outdoor Worship is back this week at 8:30am – Come enjoy the cooler morning temperatures and worship in God’s creation!
- Open Position at Asbury Church – Administrative and Financial Assistant
- Sign up for Pastor Jonathan’s “The Story” Bible Study on Zoom
- Still Time to Sign Up for Rise Against Hunger or Indoor Worship this weekend!
At A Glance:
- Saturday, 9/12 – Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event
- Sunday, 9/13 – Outdoor Worship at 8:30am, Indoor and LiveStream at 9:30am, and 11am indoor worship; Kids Bible Sunday
- Sunday, 9/13 – Student Ministry Parent Meeting on Zoom 5pm
- Wednesday, 9/16 – Pastor Jonathan’s Bible Study “The Story” begins on Zoom
- Friday, 9/18 – Jumanji Movie Night in the Parking Lot
- Sunday, 9/20 – Grow Sermon Series Begins – “Prayers”
- Sunday, 9/20 – LifeGroup Leader Gathering, 3pm in Sanctuary
- Sunday, 9/20 – Student Ministry resumes with schedule shift and safety precautions
- Sunday 9/20-Sunday 9/27 – Family Promise Week
- Tuesday 9/22 – Leadership Board Meeting Via Zoom
- Sunday 9/27 – Grow: Presence
- Sunday 10/4 – Grow: Gifts; Communion at all 3 on campus services
- Sunday 10/11 – Grow: Service
- Sunday 10/18 – Grow: Witness
- Monday 10/19 – Charge Conference via Zoom
- Upper Rooms are available in the church lobby. If you would like one dropped by your porch, please let us know!
- Join our Prayer Partners Email List to get Prayer Updates Throughout the week
- A Fall Update from Pastor Jonathan is now on our website
Fall Update from Pastor Jonathan
A Fall Update from Pastor Jonathan is on our website from our Lead Pastor, Jonathan Jeffries. He reminds us of some important upcoming events and gives thanks for the warm welcome he and his family has received over the past two months, despite COVID-19.
Click to Read Pastor Jonathan’s Fall Update.
Do you want to grow in your knowledge of the biblical story? Have you ever questioned how the Old Testament and New Testament fit together? Have you examined how the Bible impacts your daily life and your future?
The Story Bible study is a condensed chronological account of the Bible telling the story of creation, what went wrong, and how all will be made right again. The Story helps us know who God is, who we are, and the meaning and purpose of life.Join Pastor Jonathan for this zoom Bible Study on Wednesday nights beginning September 16 at 7p.m.
Sign up online to get the books and Zoom link!
9:30 Indoor Worship Begins Sept. 13
Registration is now open for that Sunday! We will continue to have our indoor worship option at 11am each week. Future Sundays are released weekly.Reserve seats for worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.We will continue to update our website and Facebook with any changes as well as continue to communicate via eBulletin every week.
Student Ministry Parent Meeting 9/13
A new year of 412 (middle school) and DASH (high school) on Sunday nights is upon us, and we are excited to think about all the possibilities. Join us for a ZOOM parent meeting on Sunday, September 13th, at 5pm.
Zoom Info: Call in on phone: 929-205-6099 Meeting ID: 876 5078 3559 Passcode: 412 OR click to join the meeting: www.asburyraleigh.org/parents
We want to cover our regathering plan, what your student will experience in person or online, and so much more. Please email Andy at email@example.com if you have any questions or are not getting the Student Ministry emails.
2020 has been a year we never imagined, and connection is even more important than ever! Join Pastor Jen and Pastor Jonathan for about 90 minutes as we pray, share, and explore possibilities for LifeGroups this year. This is open to all current and perspective LifeGroup Leaders (we also invite 2-6 leaders per group to attend, if possible). For more details, check the event on our website.
Join us for a Movie Night in the Parking Lot September 18th starting at 6:30pm! Bring dinner or some snacks for some socially distant social time before the movie begins as dusk. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us For Outdoor Worship
Check our Facebook, Instagram, and Main Website (there will be a bright bar at the top) in the case of weather-related cancellations www.asburyraleigh.org/830
Open Position at Asbury Church
We’re looking for a full-time Administrative & Finance Assistant. Please help us spread the word as we begin our search for qualified applicants. To view the job description and download an application, visit our Employment page.
Want to keep up to date with new videos we feature in worship? Looking for the Traditional Worship Service? Asbury Church’s YouTube Channel has all of that! “Subscribe” to get notified when we post new videos.
Would you like to get prayer concerns as they happen throughout the week? Our Prayer Partners Email List is a list of members of the Asbury Community who wish to be sent prayer concerns as they occur throughout the week. This is a separate list that will get emails as needed throughout the week to be in prayer as concerns arise. You can click to join this list on our website.
Join in for our next Sermon Series starting on September 20th!
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.