Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries
Prayer is one of the ways that we can “grow” in our relationship with God and our call as disciples. Jesus taught His disciples to pray. He showed them the example of a prayerful life. In this message we will explore how we can grow as believers through prayer.As Christians navigating our journey of life and faith, we do not just want to survive. We want to thrive. We want to experience all the joy, blessings, and opportunities that God has in store for us. This series will look at ways we can thrive in our relationships with God, others, the church, school, work, and home. We will look at ways God calls us to live our lives so we can be all we can be as Jesus’ disciples. Let us strive to not just survive as we navigate our walk of faith, but let us “grow” and thrive.
Highlights This Week:
- Movie Night Tonight in the parking lot
- New Sermon Series “Grow” begins this Sunday
- Children’s Sermons featured at 11am worship
- As the tech department is growing we are hoping to add a few more folks to our sound team. We will provide you with training and resources if you are interested, please contact Steve Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org
At A Glance:
- Friday, 9/18 – Jumanji Movie Night in the Parking Lot
- Sunday, 9/20 – Grow Sermon Series Begins – “Prayers”
- Sunday, 9/20 – LifeGroup Leader Gathering, 3pm in Sanctuary
- Sunday, 9/20 – Student Ministry resumes with schedule shift and safety precautions
- Sunday 9/20-Sunday 9/27 – Family Promise Week
- Tuesday 9/22 – Leadership Board Meeting Via Zoom
- Sunday 9/27 – Grow: Presence
- Sunday 10/4 – Grow: Gifts; Communion at all 3 on campus services
- Sunday 10/11 – Grow: Service
- Sunday 10/18 – Grow: Witness and Commitment Sunday
- Tuesday 10/20 – Leadership Board Meeting via Zoom
- Saturday 10/24 – Blood Drive at Asbury
- Monday 10/19 – Charge Conference via Zoom
- Upper Rooms are available in the church lobby. If you would like one dropped by your porch, please let us know!
- Join our Prayer Partners Email List to get Prayer Updates Throughout the week
Worship On Campus or Online
We’re excited to have you on campus! Reserve seats for indoor worship online anytime at http://asburyraleigh.eventbrite.com If you have trouble with EventBrite, e-mail email@example.com.
- 8:30am Outdoor Worship in the Amphitheatre – we can seat over 100 with social distancing. Abbreviated service with 2 praise songs and a sermon.
- 9:30am Contemporary – indoor and LiveStream – Praise Band with 4-5 songs and Sermon
- 11am Traditional – indoor and posted to YouTube – Piano, Anthems, Hymns, Children’s Time, and Sermon
|2020 has been a year we never imagined, and connection is even more important than ever! Join Pastor Jen and Pastor Jonathan for about 90 minutes as we pray, share, and explore possibilities for LifeGroups this year. This is open to all current and perspective LifeGroup Leaders (we also invite 2-6 leaders per group to attend, if possible). For more details, check the event on our website. The event will be available on zoom/recording as well – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details|
Would you like to get prayer concerns as they happen throughout the week? Our Prayer Partners Email List is a list of members of the Asbury Community who wish to be sent prayer concerns as they occur throughout the week. This is a separate list that will get emails as needed throughout the week to be in prayer as concerns arise. You can click to join this list on our website.
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
- Submit a Contact Us Form or Reach out to Staff for any needs
- Submit a prayer request for the prayer team or Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.