You have chosen a program for your child that is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Asbury Preschool has been continually accredited since 1993. Families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care given at Asbury Preschool.
Programs accredited by NAEYC have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and improvement. Compliance of the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards must be met at all times. Programs are subject to unannounced visits by NAEYC program assessors to ensure that they continue to meet the standards.
High-quality programs provide a safe and nurturing environment while promoting the development of young children. Programs show their quality by meeting the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards, which are based on the latest research on the education and development of young children.
All NAEYC-Accredited Programs must:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults and encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning ad development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury.
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and supports families’ diverse interests and needs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences.
Schedule a tour today! Contact Lori Tremper, Director