What is Apostles Build?
A coalition of 12 churches that join together to provide the financial support and labor to build a home for a deserving family each year.
This year, we are helping to build a home in the Neuse Crossing neighborhood for Sabrina McCoy. She is from Fairmont, NC and has lived in Wake County for 16 years. She has worked for the Wake County Public School System for 7 years as an Instructional Assistant in a kindergarten class. She has one son named Elijah who is 16 years old. Sabrina and her son like to play card and board games and they look forward to putting in sweat equity hours to build their own home. They also look forward to owning their own home to have greater permanence in their lives.
Asbury will provide monetary support as well as volunteer hours through Wake County Habitat for Humanity.
Mark your calendar and sign up early for these very important service dates.
2017 Construction Dates
10/28 8:30 – 11 AM Wall Build @ Habitat Wake Construction Facility – 2615 Westinghouse Blvd. Raleigh
11/09 8:30 – 11:30 Clergy & Staff work morning (5405 Neuse Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27610)
11/11 8:30 – 4:00 Framing (5405 Neuse Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27610)
- 11/30 8:30 – 4:00 Clergy & Staff work morning (rescheduled) (5405 Neuse Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27610)
12/09 8:30 – 4:00 Siding (5405 Neuse Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27610)
We need to sign up at least three weeks in advance of these dates or reservations will be open to the public.
What you need to know as a volunteer
- Wear sturdy shoes and clothes that can get dirty & stained.
- Bring plenty of bottled water. Lunch will be provided.
- Tools are provided by Habitat, bring work gloves and basic tools.
- In case of inclement weather call the weather hotline prior to departing for the site. The hotline should be updated after 7:30am on build days 919-833-1999 x240.
- Sign up at http://vhub.at/apostlesbuild
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County builds safe, affordable houses for qualified home buyers regardless of race, religion or background. Each Habitat home is built in partnership with homeowner families, sponsors, and volunteers. Our houses are safe, decent, affordable homes which are sold for no profit to the partner family who repays a 0% interest mortgage over 20 years. Homeowners attend a series of workshops on financial literacy and home maintenance so they are well prepared to be homeowners.