What is Apostles Build?
A coalition of 12 churches that join together to provide the financial support and labor to build a home for a deserving family each year. Asbury will provide monetary support as well as volunteer hours through Wake County Habitat for Humanity.
We are excited to help another family build their very own home. More details to come soon about our family!
2018 Construction Dates
Mark your calendar and sign up early for these very important service dates. (We need to sign up at least three weeks in advance of these dates or reservations will be open to the public.)
- Saturday, September 29 (Day 1) – 8:15AM – 4PM; Meet at the construction facility, 2615 Westinghouse Boulevard, Raleigh
- (7 volunteers)
- Saturday, October 6 (Asbury Church Work Day) – 8:15AM – 4PM; 3200 Frinks Street, Raleigh, 27610
- (15 volunteers)
- Thursday, October 25 (Asbury Church Staff Work Day) – Morning ONLY/finish after lunch ; 3200 Frinks Street, Raleigh, 27610
- November 3, 2018 (Asbury Church Work Day) – 8:15AM – 4:00PM; 3200 Frinks Street, Raleigh, 27610
- (10 volunteers)
- November 17, 2018(Asbury Church Work Day) – 8:15AM – 4:00PM; 3200 Frinks Street, Raleigh, 27610
- (10 volunteers)
>>>Sign up at http://vhub.at/apostlesbuild
What you need to know as a volunteer…
- Wear sturdy shoes and clothes that can get dirty & stained.
- Bring plenty of bottled water. Lunch will be provided.
- Tools are provided by Habitat, bring work gloves and basic tools.
- In case of inclement weather call the weather hotline prior to departing for the site. The hotline should be updated after 7:30am on build days 919-833-1999 x240.
- Sign up at http://vhub.at/apostlesbuild
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Wake County builds safe, affordable houses for qualified home buyers regardless of race, religion or background. Each Habitat home is built in partnership with homeowner families, sponsors, and volunteers. Our houses are safe, decent, affordable homes which are sold for no profit to the partner family who repays a 0% interest mortgage over 20 years. Homeowners attend a series of workshops on financial literacy and home maintenance so they are well prepared to be homeowners.
Here is how one family has benefited from building their own with Habitat for Humanity:
We are just getting started! Join us on our next build date.