From Dan to Be’er Sheba: A Pilgrimage through Israel and Palestine
January 19 – 29, 2020
Hosted by Rev. Tom Newman & Rev. David Harvin
Your Pilgrimage Includes:
- Round Trip Airfare from Raleigh, NC
- Deluxe Motor-Coach Transportation
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner
- Guided Sightseeing and Entrance Fees
- Taxes, Gratuities and Administration Fee
- Worship and Daily Meditations
- Small, Intimate Group
- Superior Tourist Hotels (4*)
- Study Aids and Maps
- Services of ACTS
$3449* from Raleigh, NC (Price is Tentative Until Air is Confirmed) – Early Bird Savings of $125
Your Daily Itinerary Includes
- Day 1 and 2: DEPART from your Gateway City. On your overnight flight to Tel Aviv you will enjoy dinner, breakfast and the movie of the evening. Upon arrival in the afternoon you will transfer to your hotel for dinner. The evening is free for rest as you prepare for the exciting days ahead.
- Day 3: CAESAREA PHILIPPI/TEL DAN Journey to the northernmost part of Israel to the beautiful site of natural springs where Peter answered Jesus question, “Who do you say I am?” with the affirmation, “You are the Christ.” View of Mt. Hermon, the region’s highest peak, and Tel Dan. At the Jordan River take time to renew your baptismal vows.
- Day 4: GALILEE Begin the day at the Mt. of Beatitudes listening again to The Sermon on the Mount. Hear the words of Jesus to Peter, “feed My sheep,” as you visit the Primacy of Peter Church. In the afternoon, see the 1st century boat before boarding a boat to cross the Sea of Galilee. Visit the Biblical city of Capernaum and see the old synagogue and the house of Peter’s mother-in-law, and Magdala, home of Mary Magdalene.
- Day 5: MT CARMEL/MEGIDDO/CAESAREA/NAZARETH Hear afresh the story of the prophet Elijah atop Mt. Carmel. View the Mediterranean Sea as you visit Caesarea-by-the-Sea and the Roman Aqueduct. Cross the Valley of Armageddon to visit Tel Megiddo. Visit Nazareth, the hometown of Jesus.
- Day 6: JORDAN VALLEY/QUMRAN/DEAD SEA Travel through the Jordan Valley. Visit Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. End the day with time for relaxation along the shore of the Dead Sea.
- Day 7: BE’ER SHEVA Travel to Be’er Sheva the modern capital of the Negev and city of the Patriarchs. Visit one of the National Parks and experience the vast Negev wilderness. Continue to Jerusalem.
- Day 8: OLD CITY – JERUSALEM Walk the Via Dolorosa (The Way of the Cross), and visit the Pool of Bethesda. Proceed to the Antonia Fortress where the crown of thorns was placed on Jesus’ head and take time at the Stations of the Cross for prayer and reflection. Enter the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Pray at the Western Wall. Visit the Rabbi Teaching Steps and see the Dome of the Rock.
- Day 9: MT of OLIVES/BETHLEHEM The day begins standing on the Mt. of Olives overlooking the Kidron Valley and the walled city of Jerusalem. Walk the Palm Sunday path to Dominus Flavit and the Garden of Gethsemane and visit the Church of All Nations built over the Rock of Agony. Visit the House of Caiaphas, the High Priest, where Jesus was held and Peter denied Him. This afternoon travel to Bethlehem and visit the Church of the Nativity and kneel at the star which marks the birth of our Savior. Visit Shepherd’s Field where the angels first sang “Glory to God in the Highest”.
- Day 10: MUSEUM/GARDEN TOMB Enjoy a leisure morning in Jerusalem OR visit the Israel Museum and see the model of 1st century Jerusalem and some of the ancient texts discovered at Qumran (Optional, $25). Worship at the Garden Tomb where your group can pray, sing and commune together. After a farewell dinner depart for the airport.
- Day 11: Arrive home with a treasure of memories. You will see all of the above sites during your Pilgrimage. Flexibility in the itinerary may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances such as airline, hotel schedules, and local conditions.