Rev. Jen Swindell
This week is Pentecost Sunday! That’s the Sunday we celebrate the “Birthday of the Church” – And we’re bringing a GREAT service this week to celebrate! We’ve got TWO rounds of music – we’ll kick if off with some praise songs (some favorites and a new one – “Dream Small”) and we’ll end the service with traditional music and prayer (including “Spirit of the Living God”).
Celebrating a birthday under safer-at-home is a whole new world – many of us have had family and friends seeking alternate celebrations over these 80 days. Tune in to worship as Pastor Jen walks through the greatest gifts the church has received and how we can use them in BIG and small ways, no matter where we are.
Join in for an hour of connecting to other familiar faces at Asbury via Zoom on Wednesday at 9am. We’ve heard the desire to connect – so we’ll be trying this out!
Pastor Jen and Crista will facilitate time with a short devotional and prayer time as well as have time to chat, much like we would in the lobby before or after service. Link in weekly e-mail or in the private Asbury Raleigh Facebook Page.
Planning when we’re back in the building
We are still exploring what it will look like for Asbury Church when we choose to renew our face-to-face worship together. We’re leaning heavily on guidance from our Bishop, being sure that we will do no harm when we’re ready to meet in the building, and are also exploring ways to improve our current online offerings. Look for more information in the coming weeks and let Pastor Jen know if you’re willing to serve by helping with additional hospitality needs.
Called Charge Conference – Wednesday June 3 at 7pm on Zoom
We will have a special called charge conference via zoom at 7pm on Wednesday June 3 to make necessary salary adjustments and paperwork in preparation of Pastor Jonathan becoming our lead pastor at the end of June and for Andy Mannes to be appointed to Asbury Church as a local pastor
|Ways to Stay Connected | Join In!|
- Submit a Contact Us Form OR Reach out to Staff
- FOR ANY NEEDSSubmit a prayer request for the prayer team OR Share a prayer concern with the Asbury Online Community.
- WEDNESDAY MORNING Virtual Fellowship Hour – Wednesdays at 9am
- WEDNESDAY AT 7PM – WORSHIP WEDNESDAYS with Kevin on Facebook Live
How can you get more involved in your faith, reach out to your community, or support Asbury Church during this time??
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting with your LifeGroup or a group of friends! Almost all of our LifeGroups are meeting regularly on this new platform! Pastor Jen is here to assist with any of the communications needs, questions, or troubleshooting. Contact email@example.com to get scheduled or get help!
- Make some new friends in the Asbury Community Facebook Group where you can join for Games like “Guess This Movie Quote,” introductions of fellow members, and daily devotional moments with Pastor Tom on “Do Not Fear”
- Parents – Join Asbury Students Group and Asbury Kids Group – both great places where our kids and youth leaders are posting devotions, activities, and ways to stay connected.
- Give Financially to support Asbury Church – Help us to continue to support ministries and missions locally and globally by giving at www.asburyraleigh.org/give
Save the Dates: What’s to come in the weeks ahead
- Sunday June 7th – Guest Preacher, Rev. Bruce Stanley (Methodist Home for Children)
- Sunday June 14th – Andy Mannes Preaches
- Sunday June 21st – Pastor Jen Swindell Preaches
- Sunday June 28th – Rev. Dr. Jonathan Jeffries’ first Sunday as our Lead Pastor