Our Services Christmas Eve (December 24):
- 9:30 AM: Family Christmas Eve Celebration Service. This service has something for everyone. Expect a contemporary feel with music led by Kevin Thompson and a relevant message offered by Andy Mannes. There’ll be a place for children with the service itself as the children’s worship experience and a nursery provided.
- 11 AM: Traditional worship service. We’ll celebrate together the 4th Sunday of Advent and hear an uplifting message of hope based on the birth of Christ from Pastor Tom. Expect traditional hymns supported by a joyful choir led by Beth Philemon in Asbury South.
- 7 PM: Christmas Eve service featuring Candlelight and Holy Communion. Expect Christmas favorites in an uplifting tone with music led by Kevin Thompson and a special, dramatic presentation offered by Pastor Tom. This service is designed to help you experience the joy and wonder of Christmas in unique ways.
- 11 PM: Traditional Candlelight Communion Service. Expect your favorite hymns in a traditional setting and a meaningful Christmas homily offered by Pastor Tom and music led by Beth Philemon in Asbury South.
Here’s how you can help:
- Make plans right now to join us at one or more of our 4 Christmas Eve services.
- Expect to experience God’s love and grace in exciting ways!
- Invite friends, family, neighbors and even strangers to come with you.
- Share this message by email and/or social media so you can spread the good news to even more people…they’ll ALL be glad you did!
9:30 AM – Contemporary Service
11:00 AM – Traditional Service
LiveIt! Classes for Grades K-5 – 9:30 AM in Asbury South (First time guests can pre-register their children here)
Noah’s Ark Adult Class – 9:45 AM in Asbury South, Room 100
Sunday Kid’s Ministry – Nursery and Preschool
Parents and youth partner with our nursery staff to provide a safe and nurturing experience for our birth – 3 year olds. The nursery is available for our 9:30 am and 11:00 am services. During the 9:30 am service, we provide a classroom experience filled with activities and a story for our 3-5 year olds. (First time guests can pre-register their children here)
Prayer after 9:30 AM Service
If you would like prayer after the 9:30 AM service, a caring individual in room 302 will be waiting to pray with you.
ACT is here to confidentially serve our church community under the leadership of our Lead Pastor, for general or specific life issues such as grief/loss, unemployment, illness, and life changes. To learn more and meet our Care Team members, click here.
Are you looking for ways to serve at Asbury on an ongoing basis? We are looking for you! Volunteer at least once a month and help us continue to make Sunday mornings a great experience for all! Call Alicia at the church office or send her an email for details!
NEWS AND NOTES
Every week, someone within our church administration (and maybe within our community) will share life nuggets with us and be a source of knowledge and inspiration through their stories! Be sure to check them out every week on our Church Blog. This week, our Communications Specialist, Alicia Petty, is ready to take on 2018 with a new outlook on life and a stronger relationship with God. Ladies, this is a good one! Check it out!!
Here at Asbury Church, attendance at our Discovering Asbury class is a requirement for membership. Our next class will be on Wednesday, January 10, 2018. A light dinner will be served at 6PM and all participants must RSVP. For details and to RSVP, email email@example.com. Baptism and Membership Sunday will be Sunday, January 28, 2018.
Christmas Is Not Your Birthday (CINYB) is here! Are you ready to show radical love this holiday season?
Jesus is the reason for the season! And because of this truth, Asbury Church approaches Christmas differently. Through our initiative, Christmas Is Not Your Birthday, we challenge our congregation, family, and friends to include Jesus in our gift giving by giving as much to our outreach in Haiti, Lynn Road Elementary School, and Rise Against Hunger as we spend on our family at Christmas. Help us make an even bigger impact than we have the past five years! Feel free to use the brochure that will be handed out to you with your bulletin this Sunday to give in a radical and loving way. Also, gift cards will be available at the information desks and now you can Text 2 Give at your convenience – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Do you have someone in your life that has a Substance Use Disorder? Are you struggling with this alone? Well, now you don’t have to. Asbury Church, a confidential and safe place for all participants, will host a weekly support group on Fridays starting January 5, 2018 at 7 PM. Registration and contact information can be found here.
If you’re stuck in an invisible struggle of heart or mind, this 8 week bible study will help you get unstuck. The study is intended to lead women to consider the truth and how it applies to their lives by using story-driven teaching, scripture study, and interactive projects. Learn more and register here.
Here is our Kid’s Ministry Sunday Schedule. Please click on the picture and save it to your phone for future reference.
Our fiscal and tax year ends December 31. Gifts must be received or postmarked by Dec. 31 to receive acknowledgement for 2017. All gifts received on or after Jan. 1 will be credited to 2018. To give electronically, click here. Stock transfers are handled through the United Methodist Foundation or Wells Fargo. For more information, contact Paula Jones. Thank you for your generosity, which is making a difference at Asbury, in our community, and beyond.
Attention all gardeners and all who are interested in gardening. Enrollment for a leased plot in our community garden is now open. Returning gardeners have priority if registered by 12/31/17. Beginning 1/1/18, Asbury members and constituents will then have priority on a first come, first served basis through 1/7/18. Starting on 1/8, plots will be assigned based on registration date, regardless of Asbury affiliation. Half plots are $25/yr and full plots are $50/yr. Gardeners are required to sign contract agreeing to the terms in the contract and donate 50% or more of their garden harvest to Wake County food-based charities. Register at https://tinyurl.com/asbury2018garden. For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan. 10 – Discovering Asbury @ 6:00 PM
Jan. 28 – Baptism and Membership Sunday
Feb. 4 – Scout Sunday
Feb. 14 – Ash Wednesday Service @ 7:00 PM
Feb. 21 – Worship Night