Week Three: Treasure - October 10th
Scripture 2 Corinthians 9:6-11
Message Shovel Theology
Treasure: Jesus said that where your treasure is where your heart will be also. Where is our treasure? How do we use the resources God has given to us? Come join us as we reflect on how we can be all in for God and experience more blessing from Him.
1. Giving is a reminder that we are to be good managers of what God has blessed us with. What happens when we start acting like “owners” instead of “managers?”
2. The Bible is clear that we need to tithe (give 10 %) to the church (not part to church and part to other places). How do you feel or what do you think about that?
3. Read Malachi 3:6-10. How do you feel when God talks about people robbing Him? Have you tested Him in this? What has been the results? What does storehouse mean to you? What does “pour out so much blessing” mean to you? How do we get that blessing? If you tithe, reflect on blessing you feel you have received from it.
4. Giving is a reminder that we are to be good managers of what God has blessed us with. What happens when we start acting like “owners” instead of “managers?”
5.Discuss a time when you were able to meet another person’s financial need. Did that act of giving change
you? If so, how?
6. Read II Corinthians 9:7 - Have you ever given reluctantly or out of guilt? Why isn’t God interested in this kind of giving? What is the connection between our hearts and our giving?
7. Has giving been a way of praising and worshiping God for you personally? Why or why not? If so, how has it brought you closer to God?
8. It has been said that giving faithfully is not a money issue. It is a faith issue? Why is it so hard to trust God to keep His promises?